Thursday, April 23, 2009

CATCH UP!!

Hello fellow friends, family and bloggers!


Hope everyone is having a fantastic day on this gorgeous, warm afternoon! We have been super busy this past weekend and during the week!


Ryan and I traveled to Stigler last Saturday after I did the St. Francis Heart Walk in downtown Tulsa! We had a great turnout for St. Francis employees ( I think the most there)! It was fun to be with my team outside of work! My girlfriends and I dedicated our "walk" to a family member and mine of course was MOM! She has heart disease that is hereditary called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, non-obstructive. This means her heart is thicker than normal and therefore can cause her to pass out or go into a funny heart rhythm, this is why she received a defibrillator! It is a precautionary tool to keep her safe!:) The non-obstructive part means there is nothing obstructing her blood flow from the main artery (aorta) to the rest of her body! (which is a GREAT thing) Just thought everyone might want to know since this is what I do everyday! :) Deal with hearts! :) The walk was great! Below is a picture of some of the girls I work with! Ai, me, Krista, and Jen!





Ryan and I left after the walk and got to Stigler around noon or so... We got straight to work....loading rock, hauling rock, unloading rock.....we plan to use all this rock to build mom an outdoor area/fireplace that she can enjoy in the evenings, or whenever! She is super excited to get started! :) And of course we fished, a lot! It was a very peaceful, non-stressful couple of days at home! Below: Claire "hunting" Easter eggs at the Stigler Vo-tech. She was hilarious!



Mom is doing soooo incredible people! I CAN NOT begin to tell everyone how well she is doing! It's unbelievable, she is staying at home by herself, ironing, washing clothes, doing dishes, vacuuming, etc....I mean unreal! Her mood is STILL (after everything she has been through emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually) sooooo positive, she uplifts me and gives me strength even! GOD IS MIRACULOUS! You all are amazing! It's all because of prayers and positive attitude through this whole part of mom's life that is healing her! Please, please keep it up! She is sooo PUMPED that she only has 6 more treatments after today! Can you believe it! I mean she is almost finished and can't wait to get back to her normal routine of shopping and staying with us in Tulsa!! GOD REIGNS!!! We are so blessed as a family to have God in our lives and all of you who are reading and praying for mom! We love you all and hope you live well and laugh often! Have a blessed day! Below: Claire and Aunt Sissy on Easter morning!



Love forever,
The Forrester Family

10 comments:

  1. God IS Miraculous! I KNEW that He would take good care of you from the beginning. Brooklyn asked me last night at church, to pray with her and you were her first request! Thank you for loving my girls so much...you mean so much to them. Sounds like you are just getting things done and I know it is your positive attitude and our Father that will see you through! Glad to hear things are going well!!! Love you, Ashley and girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to get updated on you and your world. I've been missing that. I look first thing every morning when I turn on the computer at Prayers for Doreen. Guess I think all Hillary and Brooke have to do is sit at the computer and keep us up to the minute! :) Thanks, girls. And thank God for the work He is doing in your life, my friend and sister. Love you, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doreen,

    I am so glad that you are now able to do the everyday things that you have always done. Your progress is just remarkable! May God continue to bless and care for you.

    Love,

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doreen and Family -

    This is your cousin, Brenda, from Collinsville. I cannot tell you how much you guys are in my prayers and thoughts. I also check this first thing every day and every night. YOU are an inspiration to everyone. I pray for your continued improvement and will be down to see you soon.

    GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD.

    All my love to everyone. Will be down to see you soon!

    Brenda (Forrester) Crain

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear how well you are doing and GOD IS GREAT!!! He can do anything,
    Love Debra (Bates) Johnson and family

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is so good. You have blessed so many people and God is honoring you by blessing you with His healing power! I still check the site every morning and night for updates but am so thankful that you are doing so well that there is not much to update. Please keep my dad in your prayers. He will begin his chemo on Wednesday. Can't wait to see you!
    Miss you!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Doreen,

    So good to hear that you're doing so great!! It's awesome that you able to stay by yourself now and get things done that you need to take care of on your own. You have been so blessed and we as bloggers have been so blessed as well by hearing about your progress. Keep up the good work!!

    I was gone last weekend from Thurs. thru Sunday for a ladies shopping trip to Branson. We had a great time, but I sure missed getting on here to check on you too. So good to recieve great news when I was able to check in and see how things are going.

    Seems like the treatments have gone by so quickly, hopefully they've gone by quick for you as well and you're almost finished!!

    God bless you and your family and you are continually in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love,
    Sheryl Carver

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doreen, Brooke and Hillary......

    Just wanted to say that even if you don't have time to post frequently, I'm sure most of us check daily as I know I do -- it's just the thing to do.

    Don't fret or apoligize about it -- NO NEWS IS GREAT NEWS is the watchword for us.

    Daily prayers and thoughts from our part of the world...

    L&J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doreen,
    I haven't checked on you in a couple of days. Hope your doing good. The rain has turned the field trips up side down. The fourth grade went bowling insted of the zoo on friday. Mr. McClain drove, we got lost, and the windshield wipers quit working! That was fun. the first and second grade track meet was put off until next week. We needed the rain so I won't complain. Hope your doing ok. May God continue to place his healing hands on you and your family. Love, Cristy Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  10. News flash!!! Doreen came to First Grade Day at the Park . One of her students was first of many to greet her. She got many hugs and lots of smiles. Some said they have been praying for her. What a joy to see her!!!! It was a great day. If you have never seen 100+ first graders in the creek, you have missed it. Many said that it was the best day of their life. Doreen you were our sunshine today! Thank you for being there with us today. God is so good! We hope you have a great weekend. Love you Lana Huggins

    ReplyDelete