Monday, March 16, 2009

First Radiation treatment!

Hi everyone!
Today was mom's first radiation treatment. It went as well as a radiation treatment can go. Dad said it only took about 15 minutes....kind of crazy to have to drive an hour and a half to Tulsa and then again back to Stigler. Oh well, if it's going to help make mom better then bring on the driving :)
They met Claire and I over at the house around 5:15 p.m. and it was so fun because when mom got out of the Tahoe...all three of us girls (Claire, mom and I) had on our "prayers for doreen" t-shirts! Too fun!
We all had the same idea I guess to wear them today in support of her going for her first radiation treatment!! They only stayed about 15 minutes at our house and then left for Stigler. What a beautiful spring day it was today. Thank you Lord for the smiles and sunshine! We only pray for many more sunny days to come!
Love, The Forrester's

5 comments:

  1. Doreen,
    I just wanted to cry when I saw your picture. I was so excited to see you even though it was on the internet! That may sound silly, but it's true. Theresa Lackey called me and told me there was a picture of you three on the internet and she knew I would want to know it. So, of course, I dropped what I was doing and went straight to my computer! I pray God's blessings on you during these treatments and during the travel. God will be right there with you the WHOLE time. It was so good to "see" you. I miss you.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vehicle sure could use a couple trips to Tulsa, so just let me know if you need a substitute driver!!!

    Linda
    (JD and James, too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, you look great!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to visit with you...........and if you need a ride, the black cad is ready to go!!!!
    Love ya,
    NB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Doreen your sister asked that you be put in our prayers and I sent one up before this comment. Hang in there we are rooting for you.
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Doreen, you look goooood!!!!!! Hang in there.
    Love,
    Mayola

    ReplyDelete