Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mom's drive by the school!!

Good day to everyone!!

Oh my!! What a fabulous day for Mom! She woke up well rested and feeling great! Grandma Charlene came over to stay with her today. Mom decided she wanted to take a little road trip by the school and Grandma's house.

Well......Grandma was driving by the grade school and saw Mrs. Huggin's door open so she stopped and honked. Mom waved REALLY BIG to Lana and her kids.....THEN Lana got alllllllll the kids out of alllllll the classrooms and they ran to the fence as fast as they could to see Mrs. Forrester!!! It was such a blessing and such a good day for mom! Grandma said she just broke out in laughter and tears! She just had the best time seeing everyone wave and yell out "Hi! Mrs. Forrester, we miss and love you!"

Grandma said it was so good for her to see her students! It just lifted her spirits! They then went on to Grandma's house and hung around there this afternoon. Dad came to pick her up around 4:30pm for her speech therapy session. Grandma also said she folded clothes today and even did some of the dishes! WHAT AMAZING PROGRESS! We all have to keep praying this continues and that she gains strength! She will be back to normal sooner than we know it! The Lord will continue to bless her and heal her!

I met a very special patient today who has had such an unbelievable life - good and bad. I wanted to share her story. She was the most excited Christian woman who wanted to tell me her testimony and about Jesus! She just couldn't wait to tell me what had happened to her throughout her life. She was an orphan until the age of 5, then her father found her. He abused her terribly and hid her for 5 years until she was 10. She was finally found and taken into foster care. She never attended school, couldn't read or write, had no one. She met her wonderful husband and had 3 children. One day she had enough mentally and emotionally and didn't know what to do. She had a gun ready and suddenly got a phone call from a friend saying, "I just wanted to let you know that Jesus Loves You!" That's all it took, and she said, "Who's Jesus?" Her friend then witnessed to her and she came to know the Lord! She immediately dropped on her knees and started crying and praying to Jesus, whom she didn't really know. Instantly she felt two hands touch her back......gives you chills huh, She jumped up and thought it was her husband or kids but remembered she had locked the door. She knew it was Jesus there with her, comforting her. From that moment on she knew she had to live for Christ! She prayed to God to help her learn to read and write and ended up teaching herself! He sure does work miracles! She found her father again, forgave him for all the terrible and horrible things he had done to her and led him to Christ before he passed away! She now dreams about Jesus holding her as an infant in front of the hospital where she was left and she knows He was there from the beginning to protect her through all of her troubles. She ended up finding her mother and reconnecting with her and now ministers to others about her passion for Christ! She was such an amazing woman of God that I know He put her in my life today for a reason. I really needed that and was so touched by her testimony! She told me to live for Jesus everyday because He knows what we are going through and He is with each and every one of us EVERY SECOND! He never, ever leaves our side! I just wanted to share that story to encourage everyone to live for Christ and become closer to God! He will take care of our mom!! Have a wonderful rest of the day!

Blessings,
The Forrester Family

13 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. Mrs. Huggins should have called the office and let the rest of us know so we could wave too! Charlene will have to bring her back to the front of the school (seriously!). It's great to know that you had such a great day. And this testimony that was shared is absolutely awesome. God places each of us in certain situations for specific reasons. There was a reason for this lady to be where she was today and a reason for her sharing this testimony with you. May God bless the remainder of your day.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear all of the good news! I try not to bother Chuck with so mny questions since I know that there are so many concerned about you and ask him about you. I love seeing the pictures of your beautiful daughters who look so much like you. And that precious grandaughter Claire she is precious! Jayden is growing so fast I'm afraid to close my eyes I might miss something. You take care and know that we are all praying for you and your family. Remember that God can move mountains!!!
    Love and prayers,
    Carol Stubblefield

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so glad to see you today! I hope you like all the cards that we made for you. We all miss you very much at school. I pray and think about you everyday. Come see us again soon!!!!!
    Love,
    Madison Gilmore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doreen I am so glad that you are doing so good. I know that Grandma had a great time taking you to the school so that you could see all of the teachers & children that love you so much!!! I know that they were so happy to see you. we are praying for you everyday for a speedy recovery. I am so glad that Brooke & Hillary keeps us up to date, this blog has been awsome!!! Lots of Love ... Aunt Linda & Uncle Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doreen,
    It was great to see you today! The kids were so tickled to see you also. It was just a beautiful day for you to come by. I am sorry the office didn’t know you were there. First Grade comes first. I wish you more of those drives in the days to come. We will make a bigger space for you to park the next time you come by. You made our day! Love, Lana Huggins

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Doreen,

    I loved the story about you getting to see all the first graders. I'm sure you brightened their day just as much as they brightened yours. I will have to talk to Makayla and see what she has to say about all of them getting to see you. Her teacher is Mrs. Highfill, whom I've never met, but I've heard lots about her. *lol*

    I don't know if you knew or not, but Makayla's little sister is also named Claire and we call her Claire Bear too!! She is such a sweetie and I love spending time with those girls as well as with Kimberley. In fact, on Spring Break the girls are meeting my husband and I in Branson, and I am sooooo excited!! I can hardly wait!

    Keep up the good progress and you are continually in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love ya,
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doreen,
    It was just wonderful to see you yesterday! I've been so worried about you and seeing your smiling face just made my day. Keep up the progress and I hope to see you again soon.

    Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. We loved getting to see you yesterday! Some of my kids wanted me to write something to you.

    Rajina-I hope you're feeling better.
    Madison- We're thinking about you and praying for you. Our guinea pigs miss you!
    Jayden-God loves you forever and ever.
    Mattie-I hope you're feeling better.
    Gunner- You're my best first grade teacher.
    The whole class-WE LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to hear you were out and about! I'm sure those kids were hard to get settled down again in the classroom, especially when they are about to go on Spring Break. Love you, and God bless Gigi for playing chauffeur. I didn't know that Brooke was working on National Board this year. That has to be tough...my mother died 2 weeks before I was to send off "the Box". I know how much of your life has to go on hold while you work on that for a year...hang in there, Brookie (and Breck and Claire!). I'll be praying about that for you right through June into next Fall! BMcKee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mrs. Forrester,

    Sounds like you had a great day yesterday! I am glad you got to see your students and it is obvious that they miss you and were thrilled to see you!

    Love ya,

    Patricia Sosa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doreen,

    Andrew was so excited when I picked him up from school yesterday. He came running down the side walk to greet Blaine and me with the biggest smile on his face and talking 90 to nothing. I had to calm him down and have him repeat it all again. Some thing such as this, in his words he told me you and Charlene were sitting in the car and you were waving like this, I had to look at him and he said you waved like this...he said you know momma how she always waves with her little hand. Awww it brought tears to my eyes cause I so love your smiling face and that cute little wave you always have. I didn't realize he took such notice in little things such as this. He talked on and on about how happy you looked and Charlene was giggling and how everyone was standing at the fence to get a peek at you. You would have thought a celebrity had come to Stigler Grade School I thought. Of all days for me not to be there is the day you showed up! I miss you Doreen and I am so glad you are doing so good. I will talk with you later. Take care of YOU!!! Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so glad to see her!! I was as excited as her kids(I still consider myself on of her kids) I miss you and love you Mrs. Forrester! Come back to see us soon! You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doreen,
    It was great to talk to you again today. You sound stronger each time I talk with you. Just keep up the hard work. I pray you have a safe trip to Tulsa and back. I know you will enjoy seeing claire too. We love you! Lana Huggins

    ReplyDelete