Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Great day at the Dr.

Hi to everyone this evening! We hope everybody is having a nice relaxing evening watching "American Idol" (one of mom's favorites) or whatever....

Dad brought her to Tulsa again today to meet with her chemo Dr. (not for sure what her name is) but Dad said mom loved her and she was so nice and pleasant to work with! That is such a blessing for us all! It's so wonderful to have doctors who are passionate about their patients! She will be starting her chemo "pill" soon and then her first radiation treatment next Monday (16th) so keep her in constant prayer that she may keep strength and faith throughout this journey!

Brooke had to work late on National Board stuff at school (please keep her in prayer as well, this is a very stressful time but we all know she is one of the BEST TEACHERS EVER and that she will get certified!) so I got to pick up Miss Claire Bear from daycare and take her to meet MiMi and Poppy at Brooke's house!

Mom and Dad both looked great and they just played and played with Claire! They were having a ball! I had to leave shortly after to get taxes done!! oh boy! And then Brooke got home not long after I had left.

They got on the road after visiting awhile and made it home safe! So all in all it was a good day! Thanks to everyone again and again for constant prayer and uplifting! I know it was mentioned yesterday, but mom truly enjoys reading all the comments from everyone on the blog! It really makes her day bright! Even if its just to say "Hi", it doesn't have to be long! :) She loves everyone so very much and can't wait to start hanging out with her friends again!

Have a wonderful, blessed night!
Love to all,
The Forrester Family

*If you are having a hard, stressful day and need some uplifting and encouragement, repeat this verse, "Hear my prayer, O Lord; let my cry come to you. Do not hide your face from me in the day of my distress. Incline your ear to me; answer me speedily in the day when I call." Romans 102:1-2 Thanks to my great friend, Chelsea!

12 comments:

  1. hello doreen, Just a quick note to say you have always been a bright(big smile!!!) memory in my families world, you see you were my son's first grade teacher (25 years ago)You were the love of his little life (i couldn't hold a candle to you ha! ha!)he didn't want to pass on to second grade for having to leave you!!! Thanks for the special memories. God takes care of his special children just as you have. Praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. still reading and still praying! thanks for keeping us updated and i hope everyone has a great week.
    love and prayers,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doreen,
    Kevin and I are thinking of you: your delicious home-cooked meals, and your thoughtful treats like - A BIG CHERRY LIMEADE on a hot garage sale Saturday afternoon. We'll continue to pray for you as you begin this new journey....

    ReplyDelete
  4. He ordered his angels to guard you wherever you go. If you stumble, they'll catch you; their job is to keep you from falling. -Psalm 91:11-12

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doreen, I've been wanting to send a message from the very beginning, but I didn't know how. I check the blog first thing every morning, last thing before bedtime, and sometimes during the day. Sometimes I just listen to the music. Thank you, girls, for keeping us all informed. We all appreciate it so much. I am available for a "drive by" when you are up for it.
    Love you,
    Judy Perryman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always you are in my thoughts and prayers. You are such a pillar of light and knowledge in our community. Love, Debbie P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Doreen, I hope this morning finds you in good spirits. I check in on the blog every morning and it is such a day brightener to read how well you are doing. I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments, and it has gotten me thinking about some memories I have about when Brooke and I were little....I've been telling some of my friends here in Texas about the awesome funnel cakes you would make for all of us when Brooke would have slumber parties. I still to this day, when a holiday rolls around, Halloween, Christmas, etc..., think about how you would decorate your house and yard with the coolest things!

    I have really fond memories of going to church with you, Chuck, Brooke, and Hillary. Because of you, I came to know God as a child, where I may not have had that opportunity otherwise. I look back at how you all were such a bright light in my life as a child where there was, at times, a lot of darkness. I thank God for you all, and thank you for letting me tag along all those times! My prayers continue...

    Love and Peace,

    Amanda Cole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Doreen,
    I'm so thankful the girls have this blog for us. I check it every day. Have a great day!
    Love ya, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Doreen
    Your blog is the first thing I check each morning. Your girls are wonderful to do this for you and to keep us informed.
    We sure have been missing your smiley face in Sunday School. Hope you will soon feel like coming.
    Always in our prayers.
    Donna Carolan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Doreen! Listen if you and Stephanie are just hanging today, go to the website www.thepioneerwoman.com! She has the neatest thing that you would absolutely enjoy making for Claire. They are cake pops! For that matter you would enjoy making it a fun thing for you girls to do this weekend!

    I'm so excited just a few more days till I go see the Girls. I just can't wait to see those babies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Doreen. Not a day goes by that I don't miss seeing you here but one day I will see your smiling face again every weekday! Hope you have a great day even though we are apparently having winter again for a few days. I believe all the kids are ready for Spring Break and I know all the rest of us are! May God bless you today!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mrs. Forrester,

    It is so uplifting to hear that you have such a great doctor looking after you! It truly is a blessing when you can find a doctor that is so passionate about their patients! I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you begin radiation on Monday.

    You must be so proud of Brooke’s progress towards receiving her certification, and I am sure that seeing Miss Claire Bear lifts your spirits. You are truly blessed to have such a great family looking after and supporting you!
    God Bless!


    Love ya,
    Patricia Sosa

    ReplyDelete