Sunday, March 29, 2009

SING A RAINBOW!


Hello everyone!

What a fantabulous weekend!! I don't know where to begin!!!! I won't have any pictures on here yet because I forgot my cord to my camera so I can't upload pictures to mom's computer! You'll just have to wait and see!!! They are going to be ADORABLE!

Friday: Ryan and I headed out of Tulsa with Miss Claire Bella to MiMi and Poppy's house! We got here around 8pm, just in time to see OU WIN!!! yay! We were all pretty tired from a long day of work and mom was worn out from her 2nd week of treatment! It's starting to make her a little more tired in the evenings....please keep praying for her strength and health! We all hit the sack early due to the stormy weather....makes us sleepy!!

Saturday: Claire and I slept in while the others were up fixing breakfast! We all ate and pretty much did whatever Claire wanted....dress up, read books, sang songs, danced.....had a blast! Mom has improved soooo much and continues to every single day....I can tell just by talking to her on the phone! She read so many books to claire and hardly had any issues thinking of words! She is such a miraculous, motivated mom!! We love her so very much! She and Claire then took a 2hr. nap in the afternoon....mom kind of has a cold so that's also making her tired. The rest of us just watched TV and talked. After they woke up from their nap, it was almost time to start getting ready for mom's benefit! We were so pumped! Saddened too because unfortunately Brooke and Breck got stuck in Tulsa due to the "blizzard" like storm sweeping through! :( They were really bummed but were with us in mind and spirit! Be sure to lift Brooke up as well this week....she is sending off her National Board binder...She rocks!! We love her dearly! Let me just say the benefit for mom was just AWESOME....BRILLIANT....EXTRAVAGANT....FUN!! We all had a blast! Mom loved it and kept talking about it all the way home!

SING A RAINBOW: We want to give lots and lots and lots of thanks to Gayle and Bob Cariker (& Anjanette Blankenship) for putting on such a memorable show! They have always been such close friends of ours and love you all so much! We also want to thank Marsha Butler (pianist) for being such a talented and wonderful friend! Thanks to Dennis Wright for running the sound booth and letting mom and dad sit back there with you!! Perfect spot! Thanks of course to all of you who were a part of the community choir and those of you who danced and sang solos! We have such talented people in this small community! We know it takes a lot of time and effort to put into these shows! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! It meant so much to mom and her family that this community loves HER so much! And thanks to those whom took part in the gift baskets and silent auction prizes! (Stigler Grade School, Middle School, and High School, Teresa Ross, Marsha Butler and Sharlette White) Thank you Thank you to Mrs. Forrester's first grade class (students, Mrs. Kathy Bratton, Ms. Summer Weaver) for all the beautiful artwork and the big rainbow you made from your hand prints!! She will cherish that forever! THANK YOU COMMUNITY for coming to the show and being a part of this benefit!

Sunday: Had a great breakfast full of eggs, bacon, cinnamon toast, and oatmeal! The most important meal of the day! :) Dad, Ryan and Uncle Donnie went to fish (as usual on Sundays) while the girls stayed here and played dress up and karaoke! :) Mom is doing so great! She is starting to do her normal things again around the house which is so amazing! She has got 6 more weeks of treatment so please continue to pray that her strength and faith keep growing!! I will post the pictures as soon as I get back to Tulsa! Lana Huggins took a lot too and she is going to email me the pictures so I can use hers as well! Have a fabulous day everyone and take care! Thanks for your prayers and love to this family! God has blessed us in so many, many ways! HE IS INDESCRIBABLE! :)

With lots of love and blessings,
The Forrester Family




















5 comments:

  1. Doreen, I'm so glad to hear the benifit went so well. I wanted to be there but promised three 4th grade girls that I would take them to Hot Springs to watch their friends in a cheerleading compition. As my daughter always says, "A promise is a promise that can never be broken!" We are praying for you every day. I just said a little pray for you before lunch. Hope all is well and I look forward to seeing you soon. Love Cristy Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything is going well. I have missed being able to read the blog and have been wondering how you are doing. My dad is in ICU at Muskogee hospital and I've been there for the last three days. Please keep him in your prayers. I am glad the benefit went well and had every intention of going but it just wasn't possible. I did see you driving down the road Saturday afternoon and I told Jerry "Doreen is in that vehicle!" I was just excited to get to see you even from a distance. I do miss you and hope all is well.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Doreen,

    I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the benefit. Tara and I were there for part of it. She needed to get back so she could get Eli to sleep for the night. You are always in my prayers.

    Love ya,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Forrester,
    Everytime I read your blog, I am reminded of what a positive, strong person you have always been. It is a blessing to me to see how God is using people you have touched to help see you through your valley. Thinking of you...lots of love, Ashley O.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Doreen,

    So glad you guys had a great weekend and the benefit went well!! I loved seeing the pics, you look so good and sounds like you're doing great!! Keep up the good work! May God continue to bless you and your family and give you the peace and strength that you all need.

    Love & Prayers,
    Sheryl Carver

    ReplyDelete