Sunday, March 22, 2009

Relaxing Weekend in Stigler!!

Hello everyone!

Lets just start with Friday:
As Brooke had said in previous blogs, mom and dad get up to Tulsa about 3 or 3:30 pm everyday and go straight to St. John. Her treatments are so fast - 12 to 15 mins. Dad said they are getting to know the same group of people which is nice for them. There is a couple there before mom and some scheduled after mom! They always say hello and exchange "how are you all today?"! It's sad, but great in a way that they are all sharing something - The fight against cancer! Ryan and I headed out of Tulsa around 6pm and decided to stop at El Chico in Muskogee to eat. Mom and dad had already headed home right after her appt. We got to Stigler about 8pm and joined mom on the couch! I started having an allergy attack earlier in the day so I was still pretty stopped up. Dad is the same way. He's been fighting it since last Monday or so....We just want mom to stay as healthy and strong as she can!

Saturday: Lots of sleeping.....It was a dull, rainy day that made all of us so tired!!! :) We didn't do much of anything, honestly....Uncle Donnie had called and asked if we wanted to go fishing but we didn't get up in time!! oops! Instead, we took mom driving around the Eufaula dam. There are so many neat, big homes out there and it's fun to get to look at them! Mom's good buddies came out to visit with her a bit today....Phyllis and Gentry Henry and Lana Huggins! They each brought some sweet treats! It was all so delicious! Thanks for coming over girls it really made mom's day! We love you very much! We had lunch around 1pm and then "lights out"! Every single one of us were asleep in about 30 mins. We all took about 1 1/2 hr. nap! WOW! I guess we all needed it badly!! After that it was all about BASKETBALL! The rest of the afternoon consisted of watching the NCAA tournament on CBS! :) Boomer Sooner!! Go OU! Woo Hoo!! We called it an early night after that as well!
side note: Claire Isabella came home later last night from staying in Branson, MO since Wed. with her Aunt Katie, Uncle Chad, Uncle Mike, cousins Eli and Owen! She had a blast being with them and had a safe trip home! I know for a fact her mommy and daddy could not wait to get a hold of their baby girl! :)

Sunday: This morning Ryan and I awoke very early and decided to get ready for the day and fix mom and dad a good breakfast....That's what we did! It was just right! Not too little, not too much! Uncle Donnie and Aunt Ramona asked to cook lunch today so after church around 12:30pm we are headed to their house to eat! Yum!!! They are always such GREAT cooks! Thanks familia!!! Ryan and I will be leaving soon after lunch....laundry and cleaning to do as well! oh boy!

Mom continues to do amazing with her treatments! We all know it helps that you continue to lift her up in daily prayer! She is a superhero! So positive and so faithful! God works in miraculous ways! Keep up the prayer and remember to give the glory to God!! He is truly amazing! :)

Love to all,
The Forrester Family
****Below are a couple of pictures Lana Huggins gave mom...They are of the "drive-by" at the grade school and a few of her and friends!****



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like another great day for you. I am so glad you are doing so well. I pray you have another great week coming up. Love Lana Huggins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doreen and family,
    It is a dreay day today, but God looked down and saw that we needed the rain. Thank you, Lord. I hope this week of treatments goes well. I hope Chuck is over his cold. Be safe in your journeys back and forth to Tulsa this week. I am thinking of you and praying for your strength today.

    Love,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to laugh with you on the phone today. I hope you had a good trip up and back. Sorry you have the sniffles. You get better and you are in my prayers. I walked at the park today after school. The afternoon was just beautiful after all the rain. I have walked two days now. I thought of you as I went around the track and how good you are at walking and keeping in shape. While you are resting for awhile I will see if I can improve how I look and feel. I am going to walk alittle extra for you until you get back to walking and enjoying the outside weather. Love Lana Huggins

    ReplyDelete