Thursday, March 12, 2009

Restful, enjoyable day....

Hi everyone! :)

Grandma (gigi) came over to take care of mom today. It sounded like they just had a great time together with lots of food, fun and laughs. Grandma made sure she had a great breakfast filled with oats and cinnamon toast! yum! Mom got all fixed up after her shower, relaxed with grandma, did some word searches, had lunch with dad and Virgil (gramps).

Mom told grandma today that she was so excited that her "baby" (Claire) was coming down for the weekend. :) Smiles!!!!! Tomorrow mom, dad, uncle Donnie and Aunt Ramona are coming up to Tulsa for another doctor's appointment. Uncle Donnie and Aunt Ramona wanted to come with them to see where mom will be needed to go for future appts. That'll be fun to have them going along! :) Thanks for doing that Uncle Donnie & Aunt Ramona!!! Also, Hillary and Ryan are headed down to Stigler this weekend and are wanting to take Claire w/ them so they she can visit mimi and poppy! I will be needing to stay here to work on National Board for teaching stuff ....like Hillary mentioned in a previous blog post. Keep praying for all of us, my friend Beth's dad (Dale), and all other cancer patients and survivors! Love and prayers, The Forrester's

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doreen,
    I finally got this thing to work. Iam so glad you are feeling better. You are so lucky to have Charlene to come and help you. She is the best. I have been reading all the things the girls have been writing. I know you are glad to be home, but Houston is the best place to be when you have cancer. Believe me I know.
    I know you will get through the radiation and chemo just fine. With all the prayers you couldn't help but be okay. My prayers are with you every night.
    Love,
    Mayola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Doreen,
    Keep up all the progress. We miss you at school!

    Love ya,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning! Glad you had another good day. One thing about it, God has blessed us with all kinds of weather this month so far! I am looking forward to a good spring break with by grandsons. They are so much fun. I wanted to tell you something that I find pretty humorous. Everytime someone says something about Lucas & Calen to Jerry, he says that they are Papa's boys. Well, guess what both of them are saying?! NANA (not Papa). Needless to say, he isn't liking that very much! I'm loving it! It is so sweet. Hope you have a blessed day.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there Mrs. Forrester! I'm so glad that you got to see all the kids during your recent "drive by". Only five hours twenty-five minutes and thirty two seconds until SPRING BREAK! Have a wonderful day and may God bless each and every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Doreen,
    Yesterday we had snow here in Okla. City, really pretty big flakes. I took my preschool class outside and we caught snowflakes on our tongues. The kids loved it!! They were so excited and had never had that experience before. Hope you're doing well today, so glad that Charlene is there to help you out and all the others that do as well. I won't be writing for a while since I won't have a computer with me in Branson, I'll have lots to catch up on when I return home.

    Love & Prayers,
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mrs. Forrester I miss you so much i have been praying and will keep praying your the best teacher EVER in the whole wide world!

    Love the Huggins Brittany,David, and Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a great day in Tulsa today. I had my nails done, haircut, shopped, and went to a few garage sales. I wished you had been with me. It sleeted, rained and then the sun came out. It was a beautiful day. It only happens in Oklahoma. We got home about 6:30 and Thomas and Stephen came over and we ate pizza and watched “Cars”. Grandkids are so fun. I know you are enjoying Claire this weekend. I called today and Hillary said you two were taking a nap together. Just wanted to say I am thinking of you.
    Love, Lana Huggins

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Doreen, I love readying your blog. It's like being there with you. Well, sort of. It sounds like you are doing pretty good. I am so glad to hear that. My friends at church have been asking how you were doing so this helps me keep them updated. Some of them do not have them and some simply don't know what to do with them. Sad and funny at the same time. If you want a good laugh ask Donnie about when he, Ramona and I won't mention who else went out to eat and they said the mountain oysters were really good I should try them. I did and they were not bad until I got home back to Atlanta and mom told me what I had eaten! EWWWWWWW. LOL! My prayers are always with you and I love yall so much.
    Love Always,
    Kelly Vieira

    ReplyDelete