Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cardiologist meeting...and updates, info....

Hi everyone,

MD update from mom and dad today (Tues). Well it seems that her meeting with her cardiologist went well today. They liked him a lot and he'll be there during her MRI (IF she has one...not sure yet still). She'll have tons of tests and scans run all day tomorrow. She will have more CT's ran, prepped for surgery, etc....

Hillary and I made it down to Stigler tonight and we're staying at mom and dads. Crazy weather we had to drive through....thought we were going to get swept right up by a tornado!! We were driving 30 mph at one point on the turnpike! Wild! God was watching out for us though. We made it here safe and sound.

When we drove into Stigler we saw gray ribbons on the church columns, office doors, and on our parents mailbox and house lights. Word got around that there's one on her school door too! :) Thank you Audra and other "volunteer angels" for doing this for mom. She'll love it and think it's so special. We also got the bag of ribbons to wear on our clothes as well.....we love it!

Some have asked about mailing her cards and emails for her to get during her stay at MD....I'll have to wait until we have an official room number to give you so you can send it.

We'll be leaving early tomorrow a.m. and driving all day down to Houston. Please pray for our safe travels and mom's tests to go well.

Hillary said to tell her friends THANK YOU for the fun books, gift cards/money, etc. for her to use while we're in Houston. Brooke wants to say THANK YOU to all her friends that have given the family gift cards to use as well. Also, to Mrs. Kasbaum's (Brooke's) kids at school...I'll miss you and be good for your substitute while I'm gone.

To Mrs. Forrester's class: She misses you so much, wishes she could be there teaching you right now, and wants you to know to continue to learn and be good for Mrs. Bratton and Ms. Weaver.

Love and good night! Brooke & Hillary

11 comments:

  1. Brooke & Hillary this is Aunt Linda just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate all of the updates on Doreen and how everything is going with her & Chuck. All of you have been on our minds and in our prayers everyday. We will all be praying that you will have a safe trip to Houston and we are looking for a miracle for Doreen. Just remember that we love all of ya'll and give Mom & Dad a big HUG & KISS when you see them. LOVE ALWAYS Aunt Linda & Uncle Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness girls did you see God's FULL RAINBOW this morning? Was that something or what. I wish I would have had my camera to take a picture and post it for you. I do believe that is him showing you that he is with you. Drive safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the entire family of Forrester family. You are my last thought of the day and my first thought when I wake. Doreen is one of those wonderful people that has left her footprint on the hearts of so many people of all ages. Not many people have the skills to do that, but I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. Please know that my prayers are with on this long, hard adventure.
    Linda Stubblefield

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www2.mdanderson.org/sapp/contact/message.cfm

    This is the link to get Doreen email messages in the hospital once she is established as a patient with a patient number that we can use....

    Hang in there and drive safely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is Doreen's Rainbow posted on Stigler Public Schoo Website. Linda Henderson took a picture of it this morning. How many people saw that and thought of Doreen and prayed?

    /www.stigler.k12.ok.us/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending our love and prayers from Birmingham, Alabama
    Jamie Brown Lambert and Jennifer Brown Hogan

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI to my old friends. This is Amanda Cole. I just want to tell you all that I love you all, and have thought of you often through the years, and certainly have you all in my prayers. Doreen, you were like my second mom growing up....I love you....my prayers will continue everyday as you embark upon this endeavor. If you need ANYTHING you can jingle me anytime....my number is 214-406-3746. I'm in Dallas and I'm only 3 hours away. Love and peace, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. ....Have faith in God.
    For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which be saith shall come to pass, he shall have whatsoever he saith.
    Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
    .......Mark 11:22-24

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want to say how much I Love You Doreen. From the first time that I met you, you made me feel like I had know you forever. I want you to know that we have been praying for all of you and we will continue to pray. God is AWESOME and he hears the prayers of many. He is our HEALER and our COMFORTER!!! Just keep your heads up and keep believing. God Bless You and Keep You. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doreen, Chuck and girls. I wanted to come see you in the hospital, but I was iced in here in Owasso. We send our love and prayers are coming your way. Elizabeth sends her prayers also. Doreen you are a very special lady and have blessed many lives. God is a mighty God and we are lifting you up to Him for His love and his healing. In friendship and Christian Love, Toni Mikles Byrd and Marty Byrd

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your family has been in our thoughts and prayers, and we are glad that you all are able to be together in Houston right now. You are a strong family, and just the small glimpses into your family's faith and love that is shared on this blog is amazing to witness. Please keep us updated and know that you have an amazing community surrounding you with lots of prayers and support. Love, Katie, Adam, Tyler, and Kevin.

    ReplyDelete