Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Doreen's Rainbow...we're not in Oklahoma anymore...

Somewhere over the rainbow.......










Hello there....well we started off early this morning picking up GiGi and Gramps around 6:40 a.m. and then started driving from Stigler to Houston, TX. It was raining a little bit and when we got towards the McAlester area we saw the most beautiful rainbow in the sky! It was in the west and it was a full and complete rainbow (see Sharlette's comment too about this). We thought the same thing when we all saw it and had to take a picture! Man, what a wonderful sign from God to know that it will be ok and it was a wonderful sign. See this wonderful page a friend/co-worker of mom's (Mrs. Henderson) and a former teacher of us girls (Brooke & Hillary)...she put a wonderful "rainbow" poem and comment on the Stigler Public Schools website that I had to share......awesome!


click on the "Doreen's Rainbow" words

We made only a few stops along the way for lunch and gas fill ups. Mom and Dad said they were busy with more scans (echo's and one more CT scan). The doctor will do surgery tomorrow morning. She has to be there to check in at 8:30 a.m. so the surgery will be sometime that morning. Please pray that all goes well tomorrow morning. The doctor told dad that she will have the tumor removed as much as he can without doing any damage. We know that you all will be on your knees. :)

The drive was great down to Houston. No more rain and it was sunny and when we arrived it was 71 degrees! wow! Very nice down here. Funny story....just to foreworn you I blame it all on the GPS system.... :) Ok, we got through Dallas traffic and on to Houston just fine. It's pretty much a straight shot right??!! Well, I thought the GPS was already programed to take us straight to the hotel, it was NOT and it took us to MD Anderson, which is good anyway, now we know exactly how to get there tomorrow! :) ha! So....we took the "scenic" route needless to say. :) smiles!!! We made it to the hotel just fine and then dad, gigi, & gramps went to grab dinner while Hillary and I hung out with mom. Dad brought mom something back to eat...awe, he still spoils her :)

I'm also posting some pictures below from our camera today and from Audra Cole a friend from Stigler who's helping get a "gray matters" brain cancer awareness and helps people think of mom by putting gray ribbons around the city. We had ribbons to wear today and ribbons were tied around mom and dad's mailbox, on their house lights, around town on doors/offices/columns, etc....it was so overwhelming to see a community come together in times of need. Thank you all again. Also, the comments that you all leave are just so special. mom is loving reading your sweet words, it encourages her and empowers her to keep her chin up! :) I'll keep you posted later on! Mom is already talking about how she enjoys meeting new people down here too that have tumors/cancers, etc. like her. I think it helps to be around others going through this as well and seeing how they are LIVING examples of God's miracles...just like mom will be.

Much love, hugs, and prayers! Brooke & Hillary







11 comments:

  1. I saw Doreen's look alike today driving in Tulsa, then not but a few minutes later I saw Hillary's look alike. You are in my constant thoughts and prayers. We love you all. Be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also was out looking at the rainbow this morning and thinking what a beautiful site...I also took a picture of it...and thinking of all of you, you girls on the road, Chuck and Doreen in Houston...so glad you all made it down there ok...Doreen, we had united prayer for you tonight at church...and we will continue to pray for your recovery.....we think of you everyday..God Bless you all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doreen and Family,

    So glad everyone made it to Houston safely!! Doreen we will be praying for you tomorrow as we do everyday, we will pray that God will be with the doctors as they perform the surgery for he is the one that gave them the wisdom to do what they are doing. We also have the rest of the family in our thoughts. Chuck, Brooke and Hillary stay strong for Doreen, she's such a special person. God Bless you all.

    Love and Prayers,
    Shane, Wendy and Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forrester Family,
    You will never know how much you mean to me. Mrs. Forrester, sometimes it seems like yesterday that I was in first grade and you were teaching us to read (I was in the snowman group)and add and subtract with colored bears. Now i find myself helping Grayson at 4 years old read, write and do math. It brings joy! Chuck, I can remember you helping me and Brookie with our softball team the "Rainbow Dolls"--that was so much fun. Brooke,i can't even begin to describe all the fun we had growing up. Sleepovers, swimming at #9 landing with Joe and Hillary, riding bikes, four wheelers and golf carts, playing dress up in your moms clothes(I can still remember the flowered dress i wore) the list could go on and on. I guess all that had a point to say that I love you all and the memories that we've shared.
    Doreen, You have always been a "fiesty" gal full of spunk--keep it up--it will only help you persevere thru this "giant" roadblock. God promises victory if we face our giants with great faith, and GREAT FAITH is what you and all the people praying for you have. Please know that you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. (Along with my small group members from church) This is a quote from Max Lucado's book Facing Your Giants that I really liked. "Focus on Giants~you stumble. Focus on God~your Giants stumble". Heres to making them stumble.....
    Love to all,
    Janelle Bryant Southard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doreen,
    My prayers are with you today and for your recovery. God bless you and your wonderful family.

    Love you,
    Kathy Jones
    .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doreen and Family:
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all constantly!! You have so many people behind you guys!! Take care and stay strong!!
    Love, Meagan Zachry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke,
    I have no idea if you remember me, but I met you at OSU in the elementary ed. program. At any rate, I heard about your mom through facebook and I am praying in agreement with you.
    Lord knows, I have had friends pray me through many situations. I am so thankful for the opportunity to join you and others in prayer for Doreen.
    We are praying in Norman.
    Big Hug,
    Destiny Warrior

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forresters,
    So glad you all made it and are all together now. Family is such an important part of a journey like this one. What a wonderful sign from God to see that rainbow and then the poem, I cried when I read that beautiful poem, God knows when we need a little encouragement or uplift. He cares about every little deatil and he will carry us through. We will be praying today for a successful procedure and SPEEDY RECOVERY for Doreen. Mrs. Forrester, Eli says "hello" he's excited about the Valentine party tomorrow at school, he says he is praying for you and misses you at school. All our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Love, Kristi, Bryan, Savana, Eli and Kason Amos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Words just don't seem like enough at times like these. I just wanted you to know how much I love you and your family. Hillary is just like one of my own. I have always admired you, from your brains to your beauty! May God bless and keep you, I am so thinking of you and praying for your surgery to go well. The Lord does AWESOME things. Love to you all from the Bray family. Love and Prayers, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you blog appreciated and really help who are struggling cancer and want to recover such type of diseases and finely brain cancer treatment.

      Delete