Monday, February 9, 2009

Met Dr. Rao-Neurosurgeon....


Hello friends and family!

Today dad said they had breakfast and then headed on over to the center so they could walk around, meet people, get information, etc...then at 2:00 p.m. they met w/ Dr. Rao, mom's neuro-surgeon. He said that they will be performing surgery probably on Thursday. She'll need to be at the hospital at 5:00 a.m. for preping, etc...
Dad said he was very nice and talked with them for about an hour. They'll have to talk with the cardiologist tomorrow and see what the final plans are. I know tomorrow she meets w/ the cardiologist and Wednesday, she'll have another CT scan and possibly and MRI done...depends though because of her heart defibulator.

Mom's just doing great, very upbeat and dad's right by her side! Hillary and I will leave tomorrow afternoon to head to Stigler and then caravan with GiGi and Gramps down to Houston early Wed. a.m. to be with mom and dad from then until possibly next Monday....

To the city of Stigler...I've heard that you all are starting a gray ribbon awareness in honor of mom. She'll just love that and appreciate all the prayers! Also, Stigler Grade School faculty, staff, and students...THANK YOU for holding a "moment of silence" in honor of mom today. That was so kind and honorable towards her. She loves you all and misses everyone so much.

Here are the pictures we took yesterday at the airport..."the girls"--Hillary, Claire w/ Mimi, Brooke and then a far away pic of mom and dad heading into their boarding area sorry it's a dark picture.

9 comments:

  1. I will be praying like crazy on Thursday (or whenever you let us know the surgery is). So many people are praying for you and care for you all. God bless your journey. It is a hard one, we know that, but God's strength and amazing provision will guide you through the entire process.

    Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were tons of prayers going out for you guys today at the grade school! We were willing that appointment to go well. I was listening to a little girl talk about her today. They all love her so much! Let her know I am making sure her Valentine cans are just perfect : )

    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brook & Hillary, I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area now. If you need anything at all as you travel please let me know. My cell # is 817-907-9570. Give your mom hugs for me when you see her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all praying here in Oklahoma City. I have just about everyone I know and can think of praying too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I am He, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you ,and I will carry you. I will sustain you, and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4 Love and prayers, BMcKee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saying prayers everyday. Doreen, you and your family mean so much to us. You are so special and matter greatly to all those whose lives you have touched over the years and that is alot of people. Hugs to you and the girls and Chuck. I know God is in this. I know he is there!! Love, Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    I am a friend of Linda Jones. I have met several members of the family over the years and I consider them not just friends but family. I was blessed to meet Nanny Hill many years ago. What a prayer warrior! Linda and I met in 1973 when I went to work at General Electric. We became great friends and are to this day. I want you to know that you are in the prayers of so many through my friends and family and church family. We are standing with you expecting a miracle. The poem, "Footprints" has always encouraged me through my own health trials and everyday situations. It is filled with His promise to be with you and never leave you. He will not abandon us in our time of need.
    The Lord replied: "My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
    My mom (she passed into Glory in 2007)gave me my bible cover that has those words on the cover and it is a constant reminder of how many times I have looked back and realized how many times there has been only one set of footprints. God Bless You!

    You are in our prayers,

    Deborah Davis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!!! I Pray and think of you all everyday. Hillary..I did try to talk to you last week, but could never get in touch with you. You know where to reach me if you need me for anything!!! I love you all. Give everyone HUGS and KISSES for me, esp. your MOM. I love her with all my heart. You know I'm always here if you need me for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am praying like crazy for you all. These days are so hard but you are at the right place. We as families will look back at this and celebrate our recoveries together!We will give God all the glory for the healing He will provide! love to all of you! Sky

    ReplyDelete