Wednesday, February 25, 2009

HOME at last!!!!


Home sweet home....Stigler at last!
Mom and dad made it from Houston to Stigler today around 5:30 p.m. They said they had breakfast at the hotel, their friend Janis Hawkes picked them up, they went to the airport and flew home around 12:25 p.m. today. Breck and Claire met them at the airport (everyone else had to work), then they came over to our house in Broken Arrow. I was able to leave work early around 2 p.m. so I could come home to see mom and dad and to get ready for my Teacher of the Year reception for Union Public Schools. GiGi and Gramps drove up to be here and Greg Kasbaum (Breck's dad and mom's former boss...aka "Popsicle") came into town to see her and be at the T.O.Y. reception. Missy and Richard (Grammy and Bub to Claire) and Hillary were also there as well to support us all! :)
We all visited and loved on mom and dad before they headed back to Stigler. Mom looked good! She had a cute head wrap thing on to cover her scar and her bruising/swelling looked great! They got home safely and mom was pretty tired. Dad said they took it easy the rest of the evening. Aunt Ramona and Uncle Donnie (dad's brother) fixed a yummy dinner for them...THANK YOU for doing that. Keep them in your prayers because this will be a road we will continue down for however long it takes! :) Love to all! The Forrester's

Here are some pictures of us today at the T.O.Y. reception, mom and dad couldn't be there and we were missing them bunches, but we all understand and we know that mom can't be around a lot of people right now due to possibilities of infections, etc....we all know that if it's anything to do with teaching, school, and/or family mom would've been their in a heartbeat! :) You were there in spirit mom and dad, we love you!
Grammy& Bub--Claire enjoyed the balloons so much, she was almost "carried away" with it...literally! :) Also, thank you for the flowers and card of encouragment. We love you and are blessed to be so close to you here in Tulsa for your continued support.
GiGi and Gramps, thank you for the steak dinner tonight, we all had a good time of food, fun, and fellowship! Thank you for driving up today to see mom and to be there for the banquet. It is always fun being with you. We love you and look up to you both for your Christian like spirits and your constant faith in the Lord.
Greg, thank you for being there to see mom, she thinks SO highly of you...not only as the former superintendent of Stigler schools (her boss), but as a friend, mentor, and a part of our family. We loved you being there to support mom and encourage her today. Did you see how she teared up when you came in??!! Awe!! Also, thank you for being there to show support for me today at the reception. Love you!
Friends and co-workers at Saint Francis Non-Invasive Cardiology!!
Wow! Where do I even begin! Let me just say that I am incredibly blessed to have such amazing fellow echo techs: Krista, Dennis, Jen, Ai, Jill, and Ben, nurses, doctors, and other staff members in my life! You all have prayed so much for mom and my family! I even was given a PRAYER CLOTH that had been prayed upon and passed around in one lady's church! How precious is that for me to give to mom to hold on to and keep with her wherever she is! There have been so many hugs and gracious acts given to me during this life changing experience! Norma - I am so blessed to have you! You have gone through this exact same experience with your son and have comforted me all through my experience and I know you will continue to! You are my "guardian angel" who always looks out for me no matter if it's work related or personal! I love you! You have supported me so much through this and will continue to I know it! Thanks again for all of you who have given me gifts! You have no idea what all of that means to me! I love you all very much!
Here are some pictures of some of my staff and teammates at Moore Elementary . I love you all and cherish our friendship. We are so blessed to work for such an amazing school. Thank you for the support for our family, you have wrapped your arms around mom through me and I truly, truly, truly am honored and grateful. Just like members of Stigler community and the schools as well as dad's co-workers....everyone has just been so amazing and rock solid through this with us. Thank you for all your shoulders to lean on, tissues to cry in, and hugs to be shared for days/weeks/months/years to come! Thank you for helping us smile and still "CELEBRATE" our daily life!

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you've finally made it home!!! God is so good. I pray that your progress continues and that your health is completely restored.

    Miranda Smith-Reece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, guess I missed the T.O.Y. part - congratulations to you Mrs. Kasbaum. Following in your mother's footsteps...and your in-laws' as well. Makes me proud, of course, to be able to call you one of "my" kids, too. Praise the Lord that Doreen and Chuck are home. May His presence continue to comfort and bless them. Looking forward to seeing her in Sunday School again soon. Love, BMcKee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad your HOME! I know it must be a wonderful feeling to just be there. Thinking of you all the time and always in my prayers. I so look forward to seeing you in church...I know my pew was empty for awhile and now I see how empty yours is. I miss you!
    ♥U!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Break out the Kleenex Tissue on that post Brooke. I am sooo glad she is home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to know you are back home. It will be so much easier to recuperate when you can be with all those you love and let them love you and take care of you. We look forward to seeing you as soon as you are able. Our thoughts and prayers continue for you. It is amazing how many times thoughts of you go through my mind and I know there are others that feel the same. We miss you and love you!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad everyone made it home safely. Our thoughts and prayers are with you always.
    Hope you guys enjoy your weekend and are able to relax!
    Love and Prayers,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete